Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/np10642/domains/hansapaevad.ee/public_html/2011/index.php on line 45 Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/np10642/domains/hansapaevad.ee/public_html/2011/index.php on line 51 Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/np10642/domains/hansapaevad.ee/public_html/2011/index.php on line 54
Hanseatic visitors get an opportunity to improve their apprenticeship status. In master classes, you can learn by careful watching and asking, in workshops everybody can work actively with their own hands.
1. TOWN LORD’S HOUSE – Information point
2. WORKSHOPS OF ST. ANTHONY’S COURTYARD – All the yard’s shops are open. Everybody can step in and see the masters’ work and doings.
3. SMITHY – Striking coins with the Hanseatic Days’ logo.
4. COURTYARD GALLERY - Saturday, 23 July, face paintings for children
14:00-16:00 Making leather medallions and key cases.
5. PAINTING WORKSHOP – On all three days, you can paint in the shop during 11:00-14:00.
On Sunday, 24 July, 14:00-15:00, painting with a painting knife – you’ll receive your first knowledge of knife painting with the instruction of the hostess of the painting shop.
6. STAINED GLASS WORKSHOP – Friday, 22 July, 12:00-14:00, workshop on glass fusing. A glass pendant, an adornment, a medallion or a window decoration is made in the glass fusing technique. Since objects made in the workshop need subsequent melting in the oven, they can be obtained the next day at the earliest.
7. CREATIVITY WORKSHOP PROGRAMME (Guild House, Lutsu 3) - Friday, 22 July, 16:00-17:00 Origami (paper folding)
Saturday, 23 July, 12:00 Making Jumping Ladies – fun jumping ladybirds are prepared with the guidance of an artist from the leather workshop.
14:00 Making a rose in silk ribbon technique. Silk ribbon embroidery is an old craft practiced by noble ladies. It was used to decorate hats, costumes and purses. Participants can prepare a silk ribbon embroidered rose for themselves.
16:00 Painting a small painting as a gift card Painting a small-format picture, suitable for a gift card (depending on the choice of motif, for an anniversary or a holiday).
8. TAUNO KANGRO’S SCULPTURE WORKSHOP – Modelling sculptures.
9. MART SALUMAA’S SMITHY – Smithing and smith’s tales. Hammered works for seeing and purchasing.
10. CHIMNEY SWEEP’S LUCKY BUTTON WORKSHOP – Making a lucky button with the guidance of a real chimney sweep. Potter’s work and advice. Fire alarms and fire safety.
11. ESTONIAN AGRICULTURAL MUSEUM’S TALISMAN WORKSHOP – Instructor Merle Ambre introduces the folkloric character of protective farm and natural signs and all participants can prepare themselves a lucky talisman of wood or clay. Merle Ambre’s author’s jewellery on sale
12. CITY MUSEUM’S CHEST OF LUCK, where you can find joy in preparing a bracelet, decorating a royal crown, twining a friendship ribbon or making a lucky coin. NB! Only on Saturday!
15. TEOPESA – Modern handicraft e-shop Teopesa steps from the Internet out on the street, offering a remarkable opportunity to handle creations by exciting Estonian craftspeople (e.g. jewellery of black oak, Liina Viira's accessories, creative toys etc). Beware – in Teopesa, you too, might catch the handicraft fever!
16. PÄRNU RED TOWER WORKSHOP - Pärnu Red Tower offers soap and candle holders of recycled glass and other products fused in oven from shattered coloured bottles and old window glass. We bring with us a workshop where everybody who so wishes can prepare a beautiful glass pendant in the Tiffany technique. The workshop is educational and feasible for children, inspiring for women and technically interesting for men.
17. ESTONIAN SPORTS MUSEUM’S ACTIVITIES AND WORKSHOPS – Friday-Sunday 11:00-12:00 children can make their own mascots.
Friday-Sunday 12:00-17:00 everybody may try how strong, accurate, skilled or smart they are.
18. PÄRNU MAARJA-MAGDALEENA GUILD’S WORKSHOPS – Doll making workshop
Needle felting workshop
Twining adventurous ribbons
19. BOBBIN LACE WORKSHOP – NGO Hestia shows bobbin making and offers an opportunity to try it yourself. Our foremothers made bobbin lace, but for some time, it was almost an extinct handicraft. For that reason, we have not been able to learn this fine craft from our grandmothers. A teacher’s assistant who visited Estonia during 1740-1750, Matthias Friedrich Hasse, has written in his journal: “… women … weave cloth, sew clothing and knit laces …” This allows us to conclude that the skill of our ancestral mothers impressed even learned men from afar already 260 years ago.
20. NGO LELULA’S WORKSHOPS - Friday, 22 July 16:00-20:00, Saturday, 23 July 12:00-18:00, Sunday, 24 July 12:00-16:00.
Hanseatic bags and pillows decorated with textile colours
Jewellery of beads and wool balls
|Master classes and workshops in Jaani Town|